Monday, August 17, 2009

The "new" road bike

Those of you who have been following my postings about cycling know that I recently bought a road bike. I haven't had a chance until now to post any details about it.

The bike is a Cannondale Synapse 1 manufactured in 2007. I purchased it at the end of June from a guy in Atlanta who was selling it on Craigs List. The bike is made from aluminum, it is grey with black handlebars and a black seat. It is a 30-speed, with 10 gears on the back and 3 on the front. I don't know exactly how much it weighs, but it is less than 20 pounds. After my first group ride in Cartersville it was apparent that I needed a road bike if I was going to do any significant amount of riding on roads. This guy was selling and I was buying.

Here are the details for those who are in to such things:

Shimano WH-R550 wheels (different spoke layout in the front and back).
Maxxis tires.
Shimano 105 components
Triple chain rings: 30/39/50
10-gear cassette: 12-25
Crank Brothers "Quattro" pedals

I hate the pedals and plan on switching them out for Speedplay Frogs at some point.

No comments: